Like all other machines, cleaning a Bunn commercial coffee maker is a crying need. If you don’t like facing problems like nasty coffee with harsh odor make sure you clean it on a regular basis. Don’t you know how to clean a Bunn commercial coffee maker?
Relax! I am here to give you a simple guide on how to clean a Bunn commercial coffee maker. This guide will help you to clean your Bunn commercial machine in a flash with a little bit of intelligent work. Carry reading to learn details about cleaning a Bunn commercial coffee maker.
Issues With A Dirty Bunn Coffee Maker
Most common issues you have to face if you don’t clean your coffee machine regularly.
- Mineral buildup and coffee oils can cause stale-tasting and unappetizing coffee if a Bunn coffee maker isn’t cleaned on a regular basis.
- A filthy coffee maker can impede the spray head, slowing the flow of water and extending the brewing process.
- Neglecting to clean the coffee maker can shorten its lifespan. It also leads to expensive repairs due to mineral derbies.
- Bacterial growth can occur in a dirty coffee maker, posing health risks for those who drink contaminated coffee.
Remedies For Bunn Commercial Coffee Maker Cleaning
There are plenty of options when you ask me about the remedies for cleaning a Bunn. I am listing 5 of them based on their cleaning performance and availability.
For Deep Cleaning
1. Lemon Juice: The pH of lemon juice is approximately 2. Lemon juice is acidic and acid can clean mineral buildup efficiently.
Add lemon juice and water equally to make a solution. Fill the water tank with the solution. Now it’s time to run a brewing cycle to run the solution through the machine. They clean the machine with cold water.
2. Vinegar: As you can use vinegar for cleaning a Capresso coffee grinder, it is also effective for the task “How to clean a Bunn commercial coffee maker.”
Vinegar is also acidic (pH 2.4 approx.)White vinegar can help you clean your Bunn machine and give you back the typical taste and performance of your coffee maker.
3. Commercial Coffee Maker Cleaner: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to use a commercial coffee maker cleaner for gdescaling the machine. These cleaners are formulated to dissolve mineral buildup quickly and effectively.
For Exterior Cleaning
1. Baking Soda: Baking soda is mildly abrasive with a pH of around 9.5. It can help you to clean all the germs and unwanted stains from your coffee maker.
Mix baking soda with water to prepare a paste. Scrub the paste on the outer surface of your Bunn coffee machine. Use a soft cotton fabric to rub the surface properly. It ensures you don’t hurt your machine’s look.
2. Mild Detergent: You can also clean the exterior and carafe with water and a mild detergent solution. This can assist in cleaning the coffee maker’s surface of any dirt, grime, or oil buildup.
Tools For Cleaning Bunn Commercial Coffee Maker
Gather some essential tools before you start the operation “How to clean a Bunn commercial coffee maker”
- Soft-bristled brush
- Toothpick or paper clip
- Soft cloth
- Mild detergent
- Commercial coffee maker cleaner(optional)
- Vinegar or lemon juice
- Baking soda(optional)
How To Clean Bunn Commercial Coffee Maker
Here is the simplest step-by-step guide on How to clean Bunn commercial coffee maker:
1. Empty The Coffee Maker
The coffee maker should be cleaned of any leftover coffee or water. Pouring the carafe’s contents into the sink will do this. Don’t forget to throw away any old coffee grounds.
2. The Filter Basket Cleaning
Take out the filter basket and keep it under running water. You can also use a soft-bristled brush for stubborn coffee stains.
If the filter basket is particularly dirty, soap and water solutions can help! You can soak it in the solution for a few minutes. Then run cold water to clean it.
3. The Spray Head Cleaning
The spray head works for distributing water all over the coffee grounds. It can be clogged with coffee oils and other debris if you don’t maintain your Bunn coffee maker in the right manner.
Remove the spray head and soak it in the vinegar solution for at least 15 minutes. Then, rinse it thoroughly. You can use a toothpick or paper clip to remove any remaining dirt.
4. The Decanter Cleaning
The decanter is the container that holds the brewed coffee. Feel it with warm, soapy water. Use the brush to scrub the inside. Clean it thoroughly with cold water. Keep it for air drying.
5. Descale The Coffee Maker
Descaling is the process of cleaning the interior parts of the coffee maker of mineral accumulation. Mineral buildup over time will have an impact on the machine’s flavor and functionality.
Pour an equal mixture of water and white vinegar into the water reservoir of your Bunn commercial coffee maker to descale it. Run a brewing cycle, then completely rinse the device with water.
6. Clean The Exterior
Finally, wipe down the exterior of the coffee maker with a damp cloth. Use a mild detergent, if necessary. Make sure to rinse it off immediately. Dry the coffee maker with a soft clean dry cloth.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some additional tips and tricks on How to clean Bunn commercial coffee maker.
- Always unplug the coffee maker before cleaning it to prevent any electrical accidents.
- Let the coffee maker cool down before cleaning it to avoid burns or scalds.
- Wear protective gloves to protect your hands from hot water, cleaning chemicals, or sharp objects.
- Avoid sharp tools as they can damage the coffee maker’s components.
- Do not immerse the coffee maker’s electrical components in water to protect the machine.
- Use the recommended cleaning solutions.
- Keep the coffee maker and its components away from children and pets.
1. How do I know when to descale my Bunn coffee maker?
Your coffee maker could need descaling if it takes longer than normal to brew a pot. It can also give an odd taste or smell or has visible mineral accumulation.
2. How often should I clean my Bunn coffee maker?
I recommended you clean your Bunn coffee maker after every use to prevent mineral buildup and ensure the best-tasting coffee. You have to clean at least twice a week if you are a regular user of your Bunn commercial coffee maker.
3. Can I use bleach to clean my Bunn commercial coffee maker?
No, bleach is not advised for cleaning coffee makers. Because the solvent can result in a strong chemical flavor and might potentially damage internal parts.
If you were facing problems with your Bunn coffee maker and didn’t know what to do, this article should relieve half of your pain. Now you know how to clean Bunn commercial coffee maker with ease for fresh and odor-free coffee. Have fun in the cleaning operation for perfect coffee flavor and your machine fitness. Enjoy!